Data acquisition system (DAQ) is an information system that collects stores and distributes information. It is used in industrial and commercial electronics, and environmental and scientific equipment to capture electrical signals or environmental conditions on a computer device.
DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM FOR FIBER BRAG GRATING SYSTEM
The most straightforward means for interrogation of a FBG sensor element is to illuminate the
FBG sensor (s) by broadband source & the narrowband component reflected by the FBG is
directed to the wavelength detection system as shown in the below figure.
CCD is illuminated by the optical signals reflected by the FBGs. This implementation supports 8 CCD’s. CCD sensor using Argus developed FPGA controller board.
The FPGA used for the control of CCD processor is Xilinx FPGA — XC3SD1800A-
- Aligtron 1×8 Latching Fiber optic Switch (MEMS Latch)
- InGaAs linear image sensor (Hamamatsu)
- Image Signal Processor (AD9826)
- Field Programmable Gate Array Logic (FPGA)
- Programmable system on chip PSoC5LP)
- SRAM Memory Unit for data storage
- System Clock 25MHz
- Single Power supply (9V, ~300mA)
Block Diagram of the Data Acquisition System Controller
- Receives command bytes from PC to FPGA through UART protocol and act accordingly
- Controls all the other peripherals in the “FPGA controller board” by providing required
inputs to them.
- Receives the signals from the sensor, & modifies them as required control signals for the
- Receives 8 bit output from the ADC, makes it into 16 bit word & stores in its memory.
- Sends this 256 * 16 bit words (each pixel voltage in binary) to the Programmable system on
chip (PSoC5LP – CY8C58LP).
- Finally, the data stored in the PSoC is displayed on the PC or any other host devices through
USB by using Lab View software (version 14.4).
Flow of the Hardware
- Used for detecting the narrow band signal from a broad band source i.e. of infrared rays &
near visible signals.
- Supports protocols such as UART, USB, FLASH
- Synchronous Design
- System clock speed used is 25 MHz.
- Design is implemented using Verilog HDL
- Silicon Proven on Xilinx FPGA Spartan-3A DSP (XC3SD1800A-4CSG484C) using ISE
14.3 and higher versions.
- The spartan-3A DSP FPGA combined with proven 90nm process technology which delivers
more functionality and bandwidth.
- Set up is handy to carry and even give accurate results in sampling the CCD waveform.
- Customizable with easy integration.
- Gate count is approximately 1150 logic cells
Argus technologies is specialized in offering Customized product design service which can be on turnkey basis or with limited involvement in the project. Our core expertise lies in area of Product Design, Electronic manufacturing, Embedded Software Development, PCB Layout Design Service, Contract manufacturing including prototype to production and highly specialized software development in embedded domain.
11 thoughts on “DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM FOR FIBER BRAG GRATING SYSTEM”
Hello there, I actually do believe this is an outstanding blog. I arrived after it on Askjeeve, let me come back again once again. Money and freedom is the best way to improve, may you be rich and help other people.
Rattling clean website, be thankful for this post.
here! Good luck for the next!
This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!
I was very pleased to seek out this web-site.I needed to thanks on your time for this excellent read!! I definitely having fun with every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.
Hi there, I found your web site via Google while looking for a related topic, your site came up, it looks good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Thank you for another great post. The place else may anyone get that type of info in such a perfect method of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the look for such information.
This is good. Cheers!
here! Good luck for the next!
This is a impressive story. Thanks! https://bzp65.com/
With thanks! Valuable information!